More wallpaper - it’s becoming an obsession! Shi Yuan
designed this heat-sensitive wallpaper as part of his, ‘Design with Life’ project. The project also includes a calendar, where the date disappears throughout the day – a great idea, but I’m not sure I could bear to see time literally vanishing before my eyes.Via Dirty Mouse.
This is a fantastic project by Italian photographer, Matteo Ferrari
, called 'Automotive Monogamy
'. He finds owners of classic cars who have had the same car for many years and recreates old photographs of them with their car when they first bought it.
Reminds me of a Flickr group, 'Me then, Me now
' I read about a few weeks ago where people recreate a childhood photo of themselves. Very funny, and in some cases a little bit weird!
I have also come across a 'Then and now
' group, where people recreate old photographs of towns and cities from the same angle and location.
We've been 'tagged' by Make Do Style
, so here are our 6 'design related' quirks in no particular order:
1. I only use type sizes in even numbers
2. I compulsively use dashes when I write
3. Double spacing after a full stop drives me crazy - it just looks so wrong!
4. I love opening a new book and smelling the fresh ink
5. I collect vintage photographs of cats (with or without their owners). I especially like the ones that have writing on the reverse - a shopping list, a letter or just a record of the date.
6. I can't help but copy check everything I read - even menus in restaurants, which by the way have some of the funniest typos
Well that's our 6 (actually the top 6 as we had many, many more) and in the spirit of 'tagging' and social networking we would like to tag our friends over at Sell! Sell!