Thanks to Make Do Style
for tagging us again. 'Seven Songs for Spring', now this was difficult - I'm still on a Foo Fighters high after their amazing Wembley gig, so it would have been easy to pick out 7 great Foo's songs, but I have been ruthless and only allowed one song per artist.
So, here they are, in no particular order, the Delicious Seven Songs for Spring:
1. My Hero - Foo Fighters (The version on the Skin and Bones Album is best IMHO)
2. Fuck me Pumps - Amy Winehouse (Loving early Winehouse at the mo)
3. Hallelujah - Jeff Buckley
4. One Way or Another - Blondie (Great for a sing-a-long anytime of year)
5. The Man Who Sold the World - Nirvana (Bowie cover from Nirvana: MTV Unplugged)
6. Subterranean Homesick Blues - Bob Dylan
7. I Want You So Hard (Boys Bad News) - Eagles of Death Metal
and for anyone who hasn't heard the Nirvana version of 'The Man Who Sold the World', here it is courtesy of you tube (for some reason you can't embed any versions with the original MTV footage!) Enjoy...
Now, we are going to tag, Sell Sell
, Dirty Mouse
, Grain Edit
, Things to look at
, Acejet 170
and Form Fifty Five
We've been 'tagged' by Make Do Style
, so here are our 6 'design related' quirks in no particular order:
1. I only use type sizes in even numbers
2. I compulsively use dashes when I write
3. Double spacing after a full stop drives me crazy - it just looks so wrong!
4. I love opening a new book and smelling the fresh ink
5. I collect vintage photographs of cats (with or without their owners). I especially like the ones that have writing on the reverse - a shopping list, a letter or just a record of the date.
6. I can't help but copy check everything I read - even menus in restaurants, which by the way have some of the funniest typos
Well that's our 6 (actually the top 6 as we had many, many more) and in the spirit of 'tagging' and social networking we would like to tag our friends over at Sell! Sell!